Thursday, August 19, 2010

InStyle Magazine: Polish Mentions Galore!

(I've hunted down some WiFi here in OBX and wanted to do a quick post about this!)

Normally when I read my issue of Instyle magazine there is maybe one mention of nail polish, sometimes two. But nail polish's gaining popularity is shown in the latest September Issue featuring Hilary Swank.

CELEBRITY MENTIONS:

-Dakota Fanning is noted as sporting Chanel's famed shade "Jade". To get the look for less InStyle recommends ChG "Flyin High"* or American Apparel "Office"

(*they suggest getting this from head2toe beauty which I thought was interesting considering that isnt an official retailer...Right?)

-Avatar star Zoe Saldana mentions how much she loves the Deborah Lippmann shade "Bad Romance"

TESTED MENTIONS: (i.e. products they tried out and reviewed)

-Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicures.
Apparently these are supposed to be base coat, top coat, color and strengthener. I never knew LOL

-Mood Polish "In the Mood" brand

RECOMMENDED COLORS TO USE:

-Orly Shine and MAC Formidable in Ruffian Manicure

-Yves Rocher Aquarelles Brand

-OPI Hot and Spicy, LPAD, and Red My Fortune Cookie.

-Zoya Remove + also got a mention


Looks like nail polishes are definitely in the spot light right now! I just thought it was cool how much nail polish was in the issue and I thought I'd do a post to let you all know what a fashion mag is reccomending.

I'll be back to regular posting on Sunday/Monday!!

No comments: